Sunday, July 18, 2010

Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting





Wow! What a whirlwind of a weekend it has been! So crazy! Last night I was "reminded" of a a family reunion taking place today. Well, I wanted to make something to take for the family to enjoy. My husband's grandma loves carrot cake so of course these cookies came to mind. When I found this recipe, it was actually meant for sandwich cookies, however I like the whole frosting and "sprinkles" look. The recipe called for raisins but I had none and there weren't any walnuts, and I believe that walnuts belong in carrot cake so I just "sprinkled" them on the top to add that nutty taste. These cookies were really good! They really do taste like carrot cake, complete with cream cheese frosting... I doubled this recipe and got 60 cookies with my small cookie scoop.




Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
original recipe by A Cozy Kitchen
adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard
printable version

3/4 cup rolled oats

1 cup flour

3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter at room temperature

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

3/4 cup coarsely grated carrots




Grind oats in blender or food processor to make fine oat flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt to combine and set aside.
Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Add egg and beat to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to insure all ingredients are mixed well. Add dry ingredients a third at a time and mix until just combined. Fold in carrots. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment covered cookie sheets for 12 minutes or until cookies apring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on wire rack and frost with cream cheese frosting...




Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar (+/-)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Mix all ingredients well and frost cookies....Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts!


Happy Cooking!

Teauna







4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this recipe. Many in our family love Carrot Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon and I both LOVE ~~~~ Carrot cake...can't wait to try....XOXO.. I signed up to follow you,,and when I went to leave a comment it asked me to pick a Comment "AS" and it did not have yahoo listed..so I had to pick Anonymous...But it;s from me Brooke Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke! You & my Mom are my anonymous women!! Love it!! These cookies were soooo yummy!!! It's good to hear from you!!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so delish looking. I love the idea of sandwiching the cookies with the frosting. Nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo